Thursday night was first grade reading night at school. The first grade teachers pumped up how great it would be all week long. After school on Thursday Jilly was very disappointed. I asked what was wrong, and learned that she was sad that there was a great fun event at school tonight, but we could not go. I inquired as to why we could not go, and she explained that the teachers were very clear first grade reading night is only for first graders and their moms and dads- no siblings allowed. Since we have three first graders who would all want to go, and they are not allowed to bring any siblings, HOW WOULD WE DECIDE WHICH OF THEM COULD GO? My daughter is so literal that she assumed that because the triplets are built-in siblings, only one of them could attend the evening in order to not violate the "no siblings" policy. Once I explained to her that they only wanted us to leave Ian and Hadley behind, and multiples get an exception, she was the happiest little girl around. It was a great night, and nobody booted us for bringing siblings.
5 Crazy Kids, 2 tired Parents, 2 resident Felines, and any number of furry fosters taking each day as it comes.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Six year olds take everything to heart!
Thursday night was first grade reading night at school. The first grade teachers pumped up how great it would be all week long. After school on Thursday Jilly was very disappointed. I asked what was wrong, and learned that she was sad that there was a great fun event at school tonight, but we could not go. I inquired as to why we could not go, and she explained that the teachers were very clear first grade reading night is only for first graders and their moms and dads- no siblings allowed. Since we have three first graders who would all want to go, and they are not allowed to bring any siblings, HOW WOULD WE DECIDE WHICH OF THEM COULD GO? My daughter is so literal that she assumed that because the triplets are built-in siblings, only one of them could attend the evening in order to not violate the "no siblings" policy. Once I explained to her that they only wanted us to leave Ian and Hadley behind, and multiples get an exception, she was the happiest little girl around. It was a great night, and nobody booted us for bringing siblings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet. I'm glad none of your girls got kicked out for bringing their sisters :-).
Post a Comment