I just got back from my 20 year class reunion. It was an exercise in nostalgia to say the least. A little weird seeing people that I should know, yet having to read their nametags. A little weirder having vivid memory flashes of things I had not thought about in a LONG time, just like they were yesterday.
There was a little cattiness, a little competition, but for the most part, people were just really chill. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and will probably be back for 30 years.
Of note: I head some of the youngsters at the local bar declare, "why are all these old people here tonight?" UMM yeah that would be me....
I was really sad that some of the people I would have liked to have seen were not there, some of them even live in the town we grew up in, and still did not make it. :(
One other thing, there were a few people that commented on the class website about how much they hated high school, felt picked on, ostercized, ect. I was a little surprised. I did not even think about that stuff back then, and always felt lucky to grow up in a small place where everyone could belong. I guess I called that one wrong? Maybe my old lady faculties are failing me, and I just remember wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment