Cold stinks-snow stinks, stomach flu stinks. Now for the good stuff- I think the groundhog may have been shadowless, therefore maybe an early spring. It is nearly the end of February, thus how much longer can spring legitimately be? methinks the stomach bug is on it's way out.
Sunday I do what all moms of 4 kids under 4 do-- I planned and organized for a flawless (okay not possible, but I still try) outing. I found almost all the pieces to small favorite toys, I purchased a new Barbie movie for the portable DVD, I had Kevin get lots of snacks and juice boxes. We were ready to make it through three+ hours of swim meet without too much havoc. Worse yet, I bathed, blow dried, and fancied up the girls in cute, clean clothes. Everyone smelled good, looked good, and was ready. What I apparently forgot to do was ask the crew how they were feeling. Minutes after arriving for the start of the meet, Ella pukes all down the front of her shirt, the blanket we were all sitting on, the bag of toys, and the floor. I'll admit it, I did the bad mom thing. I cleaned her up, folded up the blanket, put on one of Ian's t-shirts, and stayed to watch the next event. After all, it was about to start, and all the prep work should not be for nothing..... She puked again in the stands (this time in the plastic Target bag) and one more time on the way out the door (being held over the trash can) My less than 2 minute indulgence of seeing Ian swim one event, was probably enough to expose half the town to the bug.
Fast forward to our arrival home. Holly's turn, Then Monday it is Hadley, Holly, and Ella. Tuesday Mom is either sick or exhausted. It is a snow day for Ian, and Kevin is trying to work from home-- at least I was able to close my eyes and rest the pounding in my head, not sure he got anything done, but he was a tremendous help with the baby. I called the babysitter and made her stay home, can't afford to have her sick too.
By Thursday both Kevin and I were suffering the tail end of the stomach bug, and the girls have not left the house for 4 days straight thanks to the preschool calling off Wednesday just for sport. At least you think they are feeling better when they are literally jumping all over the furniture.
So here we are on Friday night, and what have I learned from this little life experience?
1. Cover the couch and floor first- quilts wash better than carpet.
2. When Holly's "mouth hurts"-- stand back she's about to hurl.
3. There are never enough kids channels for sick triplets.
4. Buy stock in Purell.
Here's to things looking up.
Theresa
2 comments:
Theresa, from your point of view, it's not a laughing matter: however from where I sit and read your blog I laugh til I cry!! Only the Good Lord knows who can handle these situations and live to write about them......you're the best!!!!!!!
wow....I can only imagine what it is like to have that many little people sick in one household. I know what it is like with 2 sick, and that is enough work for one mom! Hope all is well now and you can get a little break! Spring is on it's way!
Post a Comment