Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Catching -Up

It has been a busy couple of weeks around here. The kids are gearing up for the end of the school year, the little league season is in full swing, and swimming has begun again. We are taking it in stride. I am not really looking forward to school being out, as it takes away that small measure of schedule that there is to a day. Ian and Jilly may just get sent to a distant relative, (any takers?) if they cannot figure out how to get along.

The girls have hung up their big wheels for some two-wheeler Barbie bikes. (as a side note, bike-buying time is one of those moments when it is not so great financially to have triplets)Holly is good to go, Ella is trying really hard to secure the muscle strength it takes to pedal, Jilly prefers to stand next to her bike and play the little groovin pink radio that came with the Barbie package. (pictures to come when it stops raining)

Hadley has learned to get anywhere she decides to go. She can roll, and army crawl, as well as do something resembling as frog hop to get herself across the room. Today she learned that she can sit back up from the crawl position, I think pulling up is around the corner.

Ian is loving the idea that he can pretty much sluff off the rest of the year, and still be a fourth-grader. He has joined the safety patrol for next year. ( This is really a bank of narks that make sure none of the other kids in school have any fun by breaking the rules) I think he is going to do quite well. He is enjoying little league, mostly for the boys club dugout atmosphere, and can't wait to try the water as a 9-10 swimmer.

I spend most of my days wishing that I was Jeannie, and could make the house clean, and the laundry done in a blink, and settling for the notion that most people don't open the closet doors when they come over anyway. The kids are growing up very quickly, and I can already see the days when I wish they were little again, and easy to cure with a nap, or a snack.

I'd tell you about Kevin, but I think I will wait, and let him write about himself if there is ever anything really newsworthy to tell.


Well, the peace and quiet is over, and Holly is in there "hurting Ella's feelings" telling me that I have taken long enough for myself. Time to tuck some kids into bed, and call it a night.
Theresa

No comments: