Friday, June 29, 2007

What Vacation means to me By Hadley







My summer vacation was 6 days of being off schedule, learning to hold my own bottle, tasting sand, learning to pull-up, growing a new tooth, making new furry friends, and seeing my second ocean (not bad for a nine month old huh?)
We drove all the way to North Carolina for a quick trip to my cousin's house. While Carson is great and all, I am really looking forward to a cousin my own age. When Ava arrives from Guatamala, I will have someone who I can keep up with. I enjoyed my first REALLY long car trip better than most babies, and tried to go with the flow as much as possible. Their house has a few furry guys that seemed to like me okay. Lily is very nice, and I am not sure why my sisters treated her like she was some scary wild beast. The highlight of the trip to Charlotte was Monkey Joe's, a great place with lots of soft bouncy surfaces, a girl can really explore.
Upon leaving Charlotte, we traveled on to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for a couple fun days by the ocean. Here I learned what sand tasted like, how warm the ocean feels, what it is like to live on sleep deprivation (sorry Mom and Dad for those early days), and how to use furniture to stand up. I loved every minute of it, and have been awarded BEST BABY status by tired parents magazine.


No comments: