Last night my kids got the mother load of all Halloween candy. We did way more trick-or-treating than normal, and their bags showed the strain. I pretty much let them gorge on it all they wanted last night, then a little this morning. After that we pooled it all together to create a "draft" pile. They were allowed to choose 5 treats each to dole out as they saw fit over the next couple days, and the rest went into the treasure box.
They buy things from the treasure box with "hilbrant handsel" (our own printed currency). They earn a dollar of this money by doing things like remembering to brush teeth without being told, wearing what I lay out without argument, and remembering to put shoes away after school. $ 5.00 buys from the treasure box, so it will slow them down, and save me a lot of money....
The question is: Is it fair to make the kids buy their own candy? You can weigh in in the comments section.
1 comment:
Is it fair? Heck yeah! I wish I would've thought of that idea first!
Michelle
Post a Comment