Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons...

All right perhaps a little dramatic as a metaphor for the start of summer, but I will miss the controlled schedule that the school year provides. (Oh-- and that 6 hours of peace-there's that)

What to do with 5 rowdies in my house 24/7?

1. Swim Practices run 7-8:30 and 10:15-11:15 which kills a lot of mornings.

2. Baseball Ian still has 5 weeks left of little league.

3. Family Camp Mid summer we will be trekking to Michigan for family church camp again, and really looking forward to it!

4. Dance recital coming up next month. Everyone has a costume, and they are beside themselves excited to perform. I am really looking forward to seeing them.

As much as I love the time I have during the year to get stuff done, I love the lazy days of summer that allow for late nights, no homework, saying yes to stuff I normally say no to, and not feeling rushed all the time.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I may get to interview at the local library for a part-time job soon. It would not pay much after I fork out childcare for the summer days, but it would allow me to have a gig in the fall. It would also give me a few hours a week in a quiet, slower paced place that just might make me saner? (wishful thinking)

The kids are excited, and sure that I will not hear the "I am bored whine" anytime soon. The girls are second graders (that cannot be possible) and Ian will be a fully entrenched 7th grader with only one year after that until high school! YIKES! They certainly grow up at a blinding fast rate, and if you don't pay close attention you just might miss it!

No comments: