Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Homework Den



I spent all morning making the house more useful yesterday. We gave up our formal living area, which no one EVER uses, for a place to do homework, art projects, and games. The kids make it as difficult as possible to do homework each night with cries of "I can't find a pencil" "there are no more scissors!" and "I need to make a blue line, and the markers are missing!" Mom said no more. I put all of the stuff they could possibly need in one location. I have outlawed coloring, game pieces, and paper in the family room. The only place to lose things in the new room is under the table, so they will be hard pressed to come up with excuses.

In the same category, it is REALLY time for the kids to return to school. I may just send them over this morning to stand outside until tomorrow if they can't start getting along.

No comments: