

It was an okay day here at our house. Fussing baby, fighting preschoolers. Same old, same old. This evening, I have to say was really fun. This is the first year the girls really got trick or treating. Last year they knew candy was involved, but they would have rather stayed at our house and eaten what was in the give-away bowl. Even as cold as it was last night, they enjoyed the novelty of going door to door, and having everyone tell them they were cute, and give them candy for no reason at all. They got so good at it, in fact, that they figured our you could go from one house to the next without returning to the sidewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if they start planning next years costumes today, as is often what Ian does on Nov 1st.
The pictures were of post-treating experience. Before even removing their coats, the kids dumped their loot, and began a system of trading. Several of the trades were among the worst in history, to be compared with events such as Boston trading the Babe to the Yankees, and selling the Louisiana territory for 3 cents an acre. I wish I could say the 8 yr old was our shrewdest trader, but I think I saw him give up a peanut butter cup for a banana Laffy Taffy. To my premature delight they were totally willing to give up their candy after a few pieces each under the promise of more tomorrow. Jilly then proceeded to secretly share the loot she stole from our home bowl.
The tiny black cat slept through her first Halloween experience. She was snuggled warm in her stroller, and saw no value in it whatsoever.
I am having technical difficulties with the photo loading, so I will add them later.
2 comments:
It looks like ya all had a successful Halloween Hunt!!! There will be "CANDY FOR ALL" for months to come. I left a message for you when I was home from work in September...I was not sure you got it, so I contacted Carey. She spilled the big news of the addition to the family. I remembered that Heather had given me your blog spot months ago so I finally loggged on and caught up with the Hilbrant family life. Hadly is beautiful. Congratulations!!!
Uh Oh! Bobbie is now going to become one of us....Hooked on blogging :)
Post a Comment