Friday, December 01, 2006

A Snow Day

Growing up I would hover around the radio just waiting for them to add Muscatine Community Schools to the list of closings any time we had the slightest set of flurries. This morning, I could only lay there in dread, knowing that one of my two preschool days was gone. Ian would be home to add to the brew ha ha. Funny- it's really all about perspective. Ian was only concerned that I had it RIGHT he didn't want to miss school if everyone else was going, but he is good with staying home since it is really cancelled.

The kids were begging to go out by 9 AM. Kevin agreed to watch Hadley while he works from home. The Jag is apparently not so good in the snow. The little girls who used to cry in the cold are long gone. They would have stayed out longer than we were willing to let them. Jill is more of an inside gal, she'd love for the rest of us to go out, so she can be alone indoors, but she is a good sport.

We even made a snowman laying down, the snow didn't want to pack. I'd love to share pictures, but the camera is still with the geek squad.....

No comments: