Ian continued his winning streak today with more blue ribbons in his individual events. He is now 4/10ths of a second from breaking the 25 yrd backstroke team record. He had two very interesting relays as well. In the first his team was a split second behind for 2nd place. I guess this kid didn't know the Lightning McQueen Trick of sticking out his tongue. ( Ian is obsessed with the movie Cars) In the free relay his first leg guy lost his goggles on the way down and completely lost his way. I thought they might actually go in after him. By the time anchorman Ian was up, the other three teams were finished, had packed their stuff, and were headed for their cars, leaving him to swim solo for the crowd. I thought this might stress him out, but he loved the attention. When he got out he yells out, "did you guys see that I only took one breath!" It was a fun meet with good behavior, and nice weather.
After swimming we went to lunch with our neighbors, and enjoyed the air conditioning. It is great to have a sitter who loves the girls, and the $ enough to stay an extra hour without issue. We came home to peace and quiet of naps, and Kevin's July past time The Tour De France. Our life is certainly low key these days, but pretty fun nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment