Sunday, September 10, 2006

Question: Is it wrong to let one 3 yr old potty train another?

I have gottten quite frustrated trying to potty train Holly. The other two were pretty quick, and are now pretty dependable. Holly has wanted nothing to do with this. The fact that the other two go, wear princess panties, get special treats, and praise, means nothing to her. Tonight Kevin went to the grocery store with Jilly. Ella and Holly played and had a great time. All of the sudden I hear them in the bathroom. Ella is on the toilet, Holly is sitting on the little potty which she has gone to get from the mud room. (We take it along in the car to the soccer field, and places with undesirable potties.) I decide to leave well enough alone and stay out of it. Pretty soon I hear Ella screaming "Mommy, Mommy! Holly pee-peed in the potty!" Then she starts screaming "Wait- Holly- Wait!" I go in, and Holly is trying to dump the contents into the toilet with Ella still on it. (Ella is a HUGE priss-- this will not cut it). Crisis averted, and Holly went in the potty alone with her sister, sending the message:


-----MOM STAY OUT OF THIS!!!!-----

It is always something......

No comments: