Today was a really good day. The kids were in a great mood, playing with all new toys doesn't hurt, Kevin and I were both able to give them all of our attention all day, which also doesn't hurt, and they enjoyed the traditions. We opened all the "home gifts" to give them a whole day before we travel to Grandparents.
The girls are funny. They are getting to the age where they realize that many of their gifts are the same. "hey, Jilly, that must be your treasure box it is shaped just like mine." I try to get them some of their own things, but duplicates curb fighting, so it is what it is.
The favorites are Squakers McCaw the talking parrot. He is a blast to play with-- for all of us. I have to say that I am secretly a little impressed that the girls were able to teach him to repeat all the words they are not allowed to say in the first 10 minutes without any instructions. Albeit naughty, they are very terminologically savvy for four years old.
Ian has been showered with Patriots gear, his favorites being his new fathead, and his personalized jersey. He is confident that Santa will come through with the wii that he so badly desires.
Hadley learned to tear paper in record time, and also realized that the gifts her sisters were getting were awesome for scoring tiny off-limit pieces when we are all distracted with the task of opening. If her competitive nature continues, she may be the first two year old I have ever potty trained-- like how I am seeing the glass half full??????
Christmas is a time where I LOVE having a big family. It they each shine in their own special ways, and I wouldn't change all the chaos for anything.
Happy Birthday Jesus was the song of the day, Man, am I going to miss church schooling for the girls. As I know we get caught up in all the festivities, i have one hope for each of you.
God bless all of you tonight, and may we remember that it was the humble birth of our Savior that is the reason we celebrate, not the ultra-material desires of our culture. Good Night.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Hilbrants!! After the green story last week, I've been enjoying your blog. It sounds like a wonderful day with your big framily and beautiful pictures!!
Post a Comment