Friday, December 05, 2008

Au Natural

Last night was the annual White Elephant Christmas party for the local multiples group I belong to. As I was trying to figure out what to wear, I noticed how bad my hair was looking. I had my last cut in July..... I quickly scheduled a haircut for the afternoon nap time.

While I was there, I had a wild hair and decided to let them do my make-up too. This plan may have been too much for the people who know me. Below are a selection of comments I received yesterday.

"Mommy where did you get that face! You look like a vampire!" Jilly

"Mommy, they won't kick you out of the party, you look PRETTY!" Holly

"You wear make-up now? It's just not you." Kevin

"I think you look better as your regular self" Ian

"Oh-my gosh, you look great, I didn't recognize you."

"I had to do a double take"

"What did you do different tonight, is it your hair?"

I am not sure what the outcome will be. I am a frumpy 36 yr old mom of 5 who should be doing things to improve my aging, but I don't think the world is ready for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you would have posted a picture so the rest of us could see. You are one of the FEW women in the world that looks good without any make-up. And I'm clearly not just saying that because you are my sister!!!! DEB

Kelly said...

You looked awesome!!! That's all I'm saying for fear that anything else that I say will be twisted.

Heather said...

I want pictures!!!!!