Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Jumping for Joy



It cannot be from the joy of his spelling homework. He actually has the word efficacious on there. How many of you could spell that, or define it? By the way it means effective or capable....

Sometimes I look at the math homework with lots of algebra and geometry, or the writing journals, and think how old was I when I would have been expected to know this? That answer is unclear, but I am pretty certain that it was not in 5th grade. I don't remember persuasive essays until high school, and all I remember about 5th grade math was having to be able to write to 1000 by weird quantities like 6 and 9. (I was in advanced math back when Iowa was still boasted some of the highest rankings in the country.) The other night Kevin and I had to research the formulas for comparing types of triangles. Neither of us could remember what the terms meant,( I know those same questions were on the ACT) so how are we supposed to help him to know what the question is asking?


Thank heavens for the Internet.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

love the christmas backround on the blog!!

deanna

Kelly said...

Maybe Ian's jumping because he loves your new Hello Kitty background.