Friday, December 12, 2008

Equal billing



Every now and then I try to look back and see who is not getting equal blog time, and catch up. Holly is just as remarkable as the others, but sometimes the poor middle kid does not get the focus she deserves. She is loving kindergarten, and doing really well being without her gang all day long. She is extremely compassionate to the other kids, and sort of stubborn in her desires. She has earned two cloudy tickets in class this year for adamantly refusing to do things she does not feel like doing: Like washing her hands before snack. I think she is so used to giving in all the time that every now and then she just decides to put her foot down. (it is just really funny to she which battles she chooses)

Her dance lessons continue once a week, and while she is not the most talented dancer in the class, oh how that is an understatement, she is really cute, and loves the experience. After seeing her perform in the church Christmas program, it will be worth $25 a ticket to see what she does in the dance recital. (she spent much of the program turned backwards, or out of her place, with Ella on retrevial duty.)

She smiles about everything, and has a way of lighting up your heart just being near her. Lately she has started using the term "Barnacles!" to express her exasperation at being denied something she wants to do. (example: "Mom can I stay up and watch this next show? No? Oh Barnacles!!") The Hello Kitty blog background was at her request. How do I turn her down when she says "Oh that is the most beautiful page I have ever seen!"

We are truly thankful to have this little girl in our lives, and she provides a nice contrast to the intensity of our other kids.

1 comment:

Mishelle said...

Holly is a treat to be around! Lawson says Barnacles too....I'm guessing Spongebob? Logan saw Holly's picure on your Christmas card yesterday and said "Holly is beautiful!" We are all lucky to know Holly!