He may be nearly 11, but he is still my baby. I fought tears and nausea as they cleaned the gash in his chin last night before stitching him back together. Ian was at a slumber party playing "cops and robbers" and tripped landing his chin on a metal post of a rabbit fence. He must have hit it just right because he tore a pretty big chunk of face.
Off to the ER where Ian's primary concern wavered between how much will this hurt, and how much of this party am I missing? He was such a trooper. It took the doctor forever to place the 30 stitches (internal and external), and he did not talk or move once. He responded with a thumbs up or down sign to any questions, and thanked everyone when they were all finished.
2 1/2 hours after we arrived at the ER Ian returned to the party. He would not have it any other way. It sounds like he was able to have a good time, but maybe will be due for a nap today--that's okay I will be too.
5 comments:
OUCH!! I hope he is feeling better soon. It sounds like you did great. I got the chills reading your description, I couldn't imagine being there.
What a trooper! I know the 'ER Feeling' all too well. Hope he's not in too much pain and it heals up nicely!
Ouch....that hurt me to read about it let alone look at it. What a brave "not so little" guy!
ouch!!
I just shared this post with Danielle and she says "Wow, that's one tough kid!"
Danielle had to get stitches on her thumb a few years back and she was a wreck.
"Hi" from Danielle.
Post a Comment