Sunday, March 29, 2009

I love a weekend


It has been a long, busy, productive, day. We skipped church this morning to take the kids to the Field Museum. Dinos, Pirates, and dead stuffed animals, some of which are now "stinct" or almost "stinct". The kids love Chicago, and every time we go to the city I wonder why we don't go to the city more often. Then we went to lunch at the massive 2 story Mc Donalds (which cost double what it would here in the burbs) and I remembered why we stay closer to home.

Once we were home it was time to start our room sharing project. We got one set of the girls' beds bunked. Hadley is mostly moved in. She still has clothes back in her old digs, but we got her settled in the foot end of Holly's bottom bunk for now. Her bed still has to be ordered, then we will have them in 2 bunked sets. They seem to LOVE it.

Ella came down a bit ago to tell me that she took Hadley potty. (at Hadley's request) She has worn panties for 2 days now with 0 accidents, so we are well on our way out of diapers. I did not even try this time. I did not ask her every 10 minutes. I did not bribe her, sticker chart, or even take her shopping for big girl panties..... She just decided that she was going to start going, and that was that. It is awesome. After 3 at once, and a son who seemed to think the potty was a nuisance for a long time, she did not make me work for this at all.

Spring break has begun with a light snow. Yuck! I am hoping for some better weather to see us through the week. We have 2 wheel bikes to ride, after all.

No comments: