This week of school is a joke! I don't think I have ever seen the last week be quite so unproductive! Today is field day. The kids are excited to spend the day outside playing games. (even if it means wearing tennis shoes on a non-PE day) They have no homework, Ian took board games for math yesterday, and I hear about extra recess every afternoon. The kids are having a ball, and they are not here complaining they are bored, so I should see it as cheap summer camp. I guess it just gripes me because they are always saying there is not enough time to fit in the whole curriculum. They try to cancel halloween parties, and valentine exchanges to "not interrupt learning time", but then they waste the last 6 days. Just another example of how I should be the one solving the world's problems:)
5 Crazy Kids, 2 tired Parents, 2 resident Felines, and any number of furry fosters taking each day as it comes.
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Another day of academia
This week of school is a joke! I don't think I have ever seen the last week be quite so unproductive! Today is field day. The kids are excited to spend the day outside playing games. (even if it means wearing tennis shoes on a non-PE day) They have no homework, Ian took board games for math yesterday, and I hear about extra recess every afternoon. The kids are having a ball, and they are not here complaining they are bored, so I should see it as cheap summer camp. I guess it just gripes me because they are always saying there is not enough time to fit in the whole curriculum. They try to cancel halloween parties, and valentine exchanges to "not interrupt learning time", but then they waste the last 6 days. Just another example of how I should be the one solving the world's problems:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! Every day the first thing the kids report is how many recesses they had. I'm glad they are not doing much in school this week, I don't think I could have handled another week of trying to squeeze homework into these crazy days. BTW, I love Ella's pig tails!!! So cute!!!
Post a Comment