Monday, March 20, 2006

Profile on Ian


I think that since I am using the space to replace the kid's site, It is only fair to update them. I will profile one each for the next few days.

Ian is an ambitious second grader. He is somewhere between a little boy, and full-blown adolescent. One minute still attached to stuffed animals, the next giving me that "duh-Mom" look that reminds me that he is half-way to a driver's license. Last week in his spelling homework, which he hates, he was a to use each of his words in a sentence. He writes, "My spelling words for this week are wife, leaf, elf, elves.... Ect. " I have to admit found it a little humorous that he would already be trying such things. He is so like Kevin sometimes that I feel like I am a little outside of their world.

He knows things, lots of things. He obsessively busies himself with interests such as the NCAA tournament, and motivational swim times. He knows how to google, and type in a web address. His knack for playing fantasy play-by-play announcer is nothing short of amazing.

He also doesn't know lots of things. He wonders why the sister he just screamed at won't come play with him. He has trouble understanding why we would forbid hockey in the kitchen. For the life of him he just doesn't get why parents would need a night out away from their kids.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just thought I would leave you a message on every post! It is always fun to have comments! I sure can relate to Ian's style. I have a 7 year old going on 17, yet sometimes acts like my 3 year old. It's a strange age isn't it? But fun nonetheless....