We had a ton of outside time today. Ian's first swim meet, and a baseball game meant that we spent about 6 hrs outside in the humid, high, temps. Ian was on a high leaving the meet, having scored two blue ribbons, and two third places in a nearly photo finish for the top 3 spots in the other 2. He is off to a good season. Baseball was less great with a loss for the Cardinals after a nice rally in the final inning. I am feeling that exhaustion that only comes from too much sun, and moisture.
We also worked on the new "lounge" for the kids. Our loft is now going to be a comfy place for the kids to use the computer, play video games, and read. There is a new storage/media unit, and two HUGE beanbag chairs made of memory foam. The kids are thrilled to have a new space, and it is coming together nicely. (pictures to come) I have to plug pottery barn kids for their customer service. I called to see what to do about one piece that was damaged in transit, and all they need is for me to seal the box, slap a sticker on it, and place it on the front porch on Monday. The replacement piece is on it's way to be delivered by Friday.
We finally got a refrigerator today!!! Yeah-- it looks and functions great, so we are one step closer to finishing the kitchen. I am very much looking forward to a small break in the commotion to enjoy summer before we do anything else.
Oh Yeah-- R.E.M concert-- my gosh I am OLD. The noise nearly killed me. Would it be so hard to have a concert that does not take hours to recover your hearing from attending? I realized that I knew a few of their songs, and enjoyed listening to the political banter. Not something that I would want to do every weekend, but certainly a nice night out. We really like the neighbors who not only invited us, but provided the teens to babysit for the occasion. Funny side note, I am at the swim meet at 7:30 this morning, and this lady asks me "hey weren't you at the R.E.M concert last night?" Never thought I would get spotted by people we might know amongst the huge crowd. Good thing we weren't attending the Wham reunion tour, or something else that might not have looked good.....
No comments:
Post a Comment