Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Teaching the right names for things


Just like I can't stand to hear little boys talking about their wee wees, and girls saying they need to wipe their hooo haas, I think that food should probably have the right names. My kids might be guilty of a few speech impediment foods, like nanas instead of bananas, or calling juice 'duice", but for the most part, we try to call things what they are. When your kids go to some one's house they should understand that they are asking for a pancake, not have to guess what a syrup tower is. I correct Jilly when she asks for cherry juice, and means cherry Pepsi. I give Ella the right word for foods she tries to describe. Most recently I explained to Holly that Nectarines and peaches, are not "butt fruit" enough said???

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Too funny!!!

Charlie and I are missin' you, Ian and Hadley for lunch this week. They should have a Safety Town II. I want that tour of Traders. :)