Friday, January 09, 2009

Doubling the size of the house

Not literally, but you would not believe the space I have now that I have cleaned out 5 cabinets this morning. I have three garbage bags for goodwill, 4 with trash. I don't know how we end up with so much extra crap, but I obviously need to try harder to straighten this mess out. Maybe professional help? Anyone love a good challenge?

I don't want to wake up one morning and be on the show "clean house" where they come and show America just how bad the house is in exchange for a makeover....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I did Colby's whole room last Sunday. It is a tiny 12x12 room with just one small closet. It took me six hours and many, many trash bags to get it all done. It's amazing how stuff can accumulate and then more and more gets shoved in. That kid had about 5 years worth of junk under her bed! Including a pair of dirty softball socks from last July :) But doesn't it feel good to get it done!? And it's motivating to get other areas done too. This weekend I'm doing the toyroom, ugh :) Glad everyone is back to health!

Mishelle said...

Fill it all up with a Jewel run before the deal is over!! At least it will be useful stuff you are storing in your new space. Better move fast before the clutter starts moving in again. IT does that at my house when I look away!!