Night one of our stay in Iowa went really well. I have a rotating set of "twins" and an unruly baby to care for. Grandma Diane has the singleton for a special day. Today is Ella's day. Holly goes tomorrow, and Jilly on Thursday. They are all very excited. Last night Jill, Holly, and Hadley played at the park, picked dandelions by the dozen, and stayed up late. Today they threw sticks into the river, played at another park, and ate at Taco Johns ( okay maybe that was really for Mom, but they didn't complain). The kids love driving around town seeing the exciting sites (here is where Mommy went to kindergarten, and here is where Uncle Steve used to live.... things of that nature are impressive to a 4 yr old). It is kind of cool to see what has changed each time we come back. We haven't lived here since 1994 (boy I am feeling old), and I can't help but feel a little cheated when the town tears down a building that I grew up with, or removes the hedge at the cemetery. I guess they don't need to check with me, just feels a little wrong that life goes on without you....
No comments:
Post a Comment