You know how when you have a great thing going it seems like you have conquered the world? Then the inevitable happens, you figure out what you forgot, or should have done, or still have to do? I have mentioned that Nicole is putting away the kids laundry. (I think you may have been able to hear the happy dance from here to wherever you are...) I did not realize that between building in that laziness on my part, and tearing the house apart with a zillion projects, it was going to mean that I would no,longer be motivated to do the grown up laundry. So now what I have is a break-your-neck sized pile in the laundry room blocked by the old refrigerator, and an overwhelming amount of work to do today.
I also have Jilly who is about 2/3 sick with a cold and sore throat, plus a major case of the CRANKIES! Ella who does not like it when Jilly gets extra attention, and Holly who is not sure why the other 2 are always yelling. Coupled with this I have Hadley who is determined to drag something, anything across the newly refinished floors, and Max the dog who really wants to lay all over the nice furniture. Welcome to summer vacation.
There are 89 days until full day kindergarten, let the countdown begin! I have visions of Hadley and I eating cake at the counter, and celebrating with a bottle of sparkling grape juice, but I am sure that something will probably kink those plans....
1 comment:
Make sure that you get out a 3rd glass for me to celebrate too! 89 days huh? I hadn't found a minute to count yet...thanks!
Post a Comment