I really sucked it up this morning. I am pretty sure even with the chip time I am going to have added to my time. I just could not keep it going. Mile 3 was a killer. (seriously the longest mile of my life) The fun part about these races is the people watching, esp my little man, but I'll come back to him in a sec.
You settle in after the initial 1/2 mile or so, and start watching the other runners. in your head there are things like, I am not going to get beat by that lady pushing the double stroller-- until she passes that first water station like she doesn't see it, and you feel like stopping to chat with the volunteers.... Then it is on to the next person, hmmm I really can keep up with that lady there with the very large derriere (hoping that nobody behind me is thinking the same thing)..... Once she pulls out of site it is the mom and her 6 year old-- now eventually that little girl with the DORA barrettes has to tire out, and she does--VICTORY!!! Oh my gosh I am having a party over passing a first grader.....
When I come down the second mile stretch, I see Ian running full speed ahead--alone. Where is his dad? Oh there he is about 40 seconds behind, not looking all that tired. They are on the final stretch... about to be done (bastards, did I just say that about my son?? see what running can do to you?)
The final turn was where I planned to make my mark... one big sprint to the finish-- Turns out it was a long stretch. I finished, but I can't say that I will be recruited any time soon for an Olympic relay. Oh well-- may not have been my best run, but it beats having stayed here to watch spongebob squarepants.
1 comment:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!!
Post a Comment