Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Overscheduled Parent


Holly has her first dance class tonight (actually more of a try-it thing as there was not a class for her age that doesn't meet during full-day kindergarten). She has taken dance before, but her sisters caused a triplet drop-out mutiny. Mom would not sit there for an hour during class while try to wrangle three in the waiting room. She never wanted to quit, in fact, she did not realize we had until I told her. She was just sitting around waiting for the break to be over. This new class is dependent upon a carpool with our friends, so I just take one way, and don't have to stay the whole class. Cross your fingers for success.......

As if dreading telling the whole group that Holly not only gets an activity, but one with Jilly's best friend, Madeline, was not enough, their pitiful stares put them over the top, and got Jilly and Ella enrolled in gymnastics once a week. This is, of course, in addition to Ian's football, swimming, and chorus. Speaking of chorus, Ella is asking to sing with the King's Choir at church, ----how does one say "no" to church choir?

So now, we have a giant calendar that looks like a wall of graffiti, but the kids are happy. Wish me LUCK!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Would your calendar happen to be the PB write on/wipe off giant monthly calendar? I just got 2 and mine also has a grafitti-like look to it.

I hope everyone enjoys their activites!!!