Sunday, September 07, 2008

MULLIGAN!!!!

You know those moments when you have just done the dumbest thing ever, and you really want to slap yourself? I am having one of those. My front loading washer was doing it's little error code dance, and I know that means that somehow one of those little people socks got away, and is clogging the filter again.

After much, and I mean much, searching for the right sized tork screw driver, I broke down and called the neighbor--the same one who helped me break into the van last night when Jilly locked my keys in it-- moments after Kevin and Ian left for the airport. He brought over about 7. (must be nice to live in a world where the tools are just where they should be......) I proceeded to take the panel off, and unscrew the filter..wait for it.. without draining the machine!!! My heavens what an idiot I am!! I learned in that moment just how much water there is in a washing machine as it flooded the laundry room floor. Let's just say there went the clean load of towels.......

Three quarters and a toothpick later-- we are all fine and good--- if not a little soggy.

No comments: