Friday, April 21, 2006

Changes and Transitions

Very exciting news. Kevin has acquired a new job. He will be leaving his current job May 1st, and starting with SAP the same day to allow for uninterrupted insurance. This is a big opportunity for him, and while I am very thankful for that, we will sure miss having him work from home. I think he will miss being home early, and having the chance to coach 2nd grade sports teams.

On another front, we are LOVING the spring weather, and all the outside time. It has been awesome to have the kids ran ragged at bedtime, and the fresh air in the house. It rejuvenates us all.

Finally, we bought a new car today. Hopefully it will save Kevin some $ on gas, and get him to and from his new office safely. It has plenty of speed, time for that Illinois license (it's been 18 months), but less seating. I think we may have to pick and choose which kids to take, and which to leave home OR we could drive the mom-mobile.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow...All kinds of changes coming up in the Hilbrant household. Best of luck with all of the transitions.

I think I need a new "gas saving" vehicle too. My 11.8 mpg Expedition just isn't cutting it with gas at 2.77/gal. and driving over 500 miles per week! Thanks for the reminder. I need to get that on the to-do list.