You have to love the irony. I have no problem gaining all the weight I want anytime EXCEPT when I am pregnant, and people check. The nurse wants to know if I am trying to eat, and stay nourished. "Uh Nope decided to crash diet right in the middle of my pregnancy. I find that growing another person helps the metabolism." Of course I am obsessing about trying to eat. While I think those of you who know me can see that this baby probably won't starve off of just the reserves, I relish in pregnancy as a time to chow anything that looks remotely appealing. Kevin actually drove me to Shaumburg for this fast food Japanese place I loved in Phoenix last weekend. ( the only one in Illinois is in the world's busiest mall's food court 40 miles from here-- fun on a Saturday night with 3 two yr olds) I really did enjoy it -until I hurled it up again in the car on the way home.
I have decided that most doctors are condescending, and there is not too much I can do about it. I just wish they did not assume that I am too dumb to know that I should stay away from heavy lifting, and alcohol. It is my fifth kid. Maybe it is just training for battling the pediatrician on when to start cereal, or better yet battling the 8 yr old on what temperature it needs to be before he can wear short sleeves with no coat. Maybe it's me, but since I avoid confrontation at almost all cost, I am guessing I am probably less of a pain than 90 percent of the people they see.
No comments:
Post a Comment