After a peaceful few weeks of rest, spring activities begin. When did our lives become a constant slave to the activities of one 8 yr old?? I guess we need to learn to say NO once in a while.
Ian finished winter swimming with a bang. He made the "gold" meet which would have been laughable back in October. I worried at his evaluation that he might not get accepted on the team, and he ended the season as the third best in his age group. His improvement came on so quickly, that he shocked everyone. Ian loves the organized nature of swimming. You line up, you have a designated spot to be, you start and end at the same places every time, and there is no contact. To his overloaded little brain, this is how life ought to be.
Today was his first spring soccer practice. Kevin suited him up to brave this morning in the 40's, and they were off. I think we may have to have hot chocolate when they get back.
So for the moment we are at 1 night of soccer, one night of hockey, and a Saturday morning soccer game. (I am actually glad he is not quite skilled enough yet on the ice to try out for a team) It starts getting ugly at the end of the month when swimming begins again. (3-5 nights/week) The simple math says there are no longer enough hours in the day at that point. I find myself wondering how we filled all that free time when we were kids. With only a short season of soccer, and summer little leagues, our parents had it pretty easy.
1 comment:
Just wait until all FIVE of them are in activities. How on earth will that work??? Congrats to Ian on his awesome swimming progress!!!
Post a Comment