Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wrong on so many levels

Ian was watching some of the Presidential primary coverage on TV when he announces that he sure hopes that Hillary Clinton doesn't become president. Sure, I'll bite, I ask why not. He then goes on to explain that she is a woman so she will make bad laws. Whhhhaaaattt? I guess I should be offended that he thinks women make poor decisions, but as a former Government teacher, I am immediately MORE upset that he thinks the president's job is to make the laws. We talked it out a bit, and I explained that the President signs the bills, and that it is very difficult to get laws through the process, and probed a bit on what type of bad laws he thought she might support. Apparently within his class at school the girls have been assuring the boys that a female leader will make their lives better, somehow at the expense of the boy's happiness. 4th graders are a little vague...

Although I am not really a Hillary supporter, I don't believe in promoting negative for the sake of promoting negative. So then I get this from him. "I guess she would okay, but I hope the democrats get beat by McCain anyway" Why is that my son? "They would spend a whole bunch of money on things we don't need. " So much for being an idealist in your youth. My guess is that the real conservatives were brought up in places like Naperville.

No comments: