Sunday, March 16, 2008

Playing catch-up

This weekend was a lot of catching up. We bought groceries, cleaned a little, got back to exercising, watched some tv, and went to a dinner party with neighbors that we don't see that often. It went by too fast, as weekends always do, and tomorrow we are back to the reality of regular life.

Our neighborhood does a progressive dinner once a year where we meet at one house for appetizers, one for dinner, and a third for dessert. It has been a fun tradition, and we are always amazed that we meet someone new that we like, yet did not know even lived here. There are only 78 homes in our subdivision, so it is not one of those massive places where people come and go so quickly you'd never meet them all. There is normally about one house per year that goes up for sale here, which means only 3-4 new neighbors since we have moved in. It was fun, we were up too late, and payed for it a little today.

The kids were still trying to get better, and although they are feeling better each day, you can just tell that they are not yet 100%. I am hoping they are well enough for school and swim lessons tomorrow, as I don't think I can take another day cooped up with them.

My house is in such a state of filth and chaos, that I don't even know where to start. Having sick kids throws it all out of whack, plus I have just been more flustered lately at the idea of doing the same thing over every single day. I guess I am going to have to resign myself to dedicating every 2 1/2 hour block of free life this week to cleaning, I am starting to wonder if it is even possible to have a remotely clean house with 5 children living in it. ( please note: my standards are not all that high)

No comments: