Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Wacky Crew does the Wacky Run


3.1 miles, 5 K, about a zillion painful steps, however you want to measure it, I did it this morning, earning my very first "runners" t-shirt. I should mention that Kevin, Ian, and my Father-in-law Richard also not only did it too, but waited for me at the finish line to cheer me on.


Ian sprinted ahead, finishing in 28 minutes something. Amazing that he can just basically run, not jog 3.1 miles without slowing down, or showing any signs of wear. Kevin said he officially needs to train to keep up with the little guy now, another milestone in parenting...


I probably should also do some training before the next race, which the boys tell me is March 29th. I don't plan on keeping their pace, but I would like to run a bigger chunk next time.

Grandpa Dickie decided to join us at the last second, and said that the race was a lot of work for him today, however less work than Grandma Helen did watching the four girls at home while we were out playing. I think that the prospect of keeping them in check might have made the race seem more doable.

1 comment:

Heather said...

If your weather was as nice as ours it should have been a nice day for it! Congrats to all :)