The triplets go to preschool four afternoons a week, and one of their favorite events is book buddy day. They get to bring home a bag with a book, and coordinating stuffed animal to visit for the weekend. Book buddy day is not the triplet mom's favorite event. My girls went from choosing a book/animal combo to going for the bag with the most pieces to lose. This week for example, Ella has 2 books, an animal, and a 12 piece puzzle. Jilly has a book, an animal and a cassette tape. It might as well be an 8 track, as I had to dig out an old Walkman to play it. I guess in the world of ipod, we are too advanced to make good use of the cassette, other than to unwind it and let the kids tie each other up. Next week I will be using all my will power to not find some choice words for the person who thought of book buddies as I search frantically under furniture, and in every cabinet to find all of the pieces to return. (I seem to have no learning curve to manage this experience). Since the kids are so happy, I will grudgingly share a couple of pictures of the big day.
5 Crazy Kids, 2 tired Parents, 2 resident Felines, and any number of furry fosters taking each day as it comes.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Book Buddies
The triplets go to preschool four afternoons a week, and one of their favorite events is book buddy day. They get to bring home a bag with a book, and coordinating stuffed animal to visit for the weekend. Book buddy day is not the triplet mom's favorite event. My girls went from choosing a book/animal combo to going for the bag with the most pieces to lose. This week for example, Ella has 2 books, an animal, and a 12 piece puzzle. Jilly has a book, an animal and a cassette tape. It might as well be an 8 track, as I had to dig out an old Walkman to play it. I guess in the world of ipod, we are too advanced to make good use of the cassette, other than to unwind it and let the kids tie each other up. Next week I will be using all my will power to not find some choice words for the person who thought of book buddies as I search frantically under furniture, and in every cabinet to find all of the pieces to return. (I seem to have no learning curve to manage this experience). Since the kids are so happy, I will grudgingly share a couple of pictures of the big day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment