Monday, January 28, 2008

More Steak Please

My kids are odd, I am the first one to admit that. As you loyal readers know I am in a weight loss challenge which has made family meal planning a tough thing. In other words, I'd rather just heat up a lean cuisine, and not deal with their food, but alas someone must feed them. This means it is a good time to go through the freezer, and see what we can make use of. Tonight I made a 6 pack of fillets that had been frozen from a previous meat sale. I also made a couple servings of cheese and spinach filled tortellini. The kids were divided on the pasta-- Ella and Hadley could not get enough, Jilly and Holly thought one taste was plenty, and Ian said, and I quote, "The noodles had me, then they lost me." He found the stuff inside....

The weird part was that the four bigger ones could not get enough steak. They ate, asked for more, raced to be done first, and asked for more again. Ian was trying to put a "hold" on certain pieces, as I would only let them have a bit at a time. Jilly and Ella kept asking if I would make more when we ran out. Are they anemic? Are they just now discovering their inner carnivore? All I know is that this blog entry will be a handy thing someday when the girls decide they are all vegans.

No comments: