Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In the News


I have to admit that last week when I read about the Dad duct taping the jersey to his 7 year old during the Packers game, I had a flashback to 2005 when my triplets first started their nap time stripping routine. If taping clothing items to a child is wrong, what type of parent does that make me? Each day at nap I carefully taped each of their diapers to keep them from removing them. It kept me from having to wash crib sheets every day twice a day, and I almost wrote in to the 3M company to thank them.

I guess I am glad that I didn't write that letter, unless I wanted the Naperville (wait! we're unincorporated, make that the Will County Sheriff) at my door.

You may be wondering what this story has to do with anything. Do I really think that it is okay to tape a child who disobeys to restrain him? Of course not. Do I think that it is the best solution (or even a sane one) to making your child like your favorite team? A resounding NO. But I do think that it is the VERY best solution I have found to naptime stripping, and it looks like in daughters in with this habit, I am 4 for 4. Hadley removed her diaper for the first time today making a sheet change and absolute necessity. Big Bummer! Think of this as a free stock tip-- it's time to buy 3M.

No comments: