Hadley is a demanding little being. I think that I have just forgotten how demanding they are at this age, but it seems that she is even more likely to pitch a fit when she needs something than the others were. I am guessing, Ian's needs were met more quickly, and the triplets learned to live with waiting, but the baby has two choices: be heard or forgotten. In any case, she is a demanding little person. She is also only happy when being allowed to play with the big kids.
The picture is of her having dinner all by herself. It was not suiting her to wait until the rest of us were ready. She needed to eat NOW! After about the 5 try to distract her while I finished cooking, I put her in the chair and fed her as she wanted. It's all about choosing my battles.
Each day I am amazed at the new stuff she learns. Yesterday I asked if she wanted to go to the store. She ran and got her coat. On Saturday when we were all going to the movies without her, I tried to nonchalantly get the kids in the car without a scene before the sitter arrived. She took one look around when he walked in and threw herself on the floor in a fit of drama. She understands almost everything, and is starting to talk and communicate. Lots of pointing, and pulling me by the hand to show me stuff.
I thought I might savor this chance to have one last baby, but I think my baby is foiling my plans by refusing to stay one.
No comments:
Post a Comment